For this part of the data collection, please contact Stavros Skopeteas.
- What are the sources of the Urum vocabulary?
- Which (phonological, morphological, semantic) deviations from the Eastern varieties of Turkish may be observed in Urum?
- What is the influence of the contact languages (Georgian, Russian, Pontic Greek) to the vocabulary? How is this influence manifested in particular semantic fields?
- Is there lexical variation between speakers?
- In order to answer these questions, we collected a list of 1419 words (representative of 24 different semantic fields) with four speakers.